View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #32
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I purchased it as well. I'd been meaning to grab this one for a while. First two thoughts are quite positive:

1. Sim is definitely running faster than the last time I tried it. It is now definitely feasible to play my style (sim for solid history overnight to start the league, then sim a month at a time).

2. Dat HTML output look so good...

Looking forward to diving into the guts of this one at some point in the near future.

Quick question: what league customization abilities are there? Can I tweak stats to my liking, get 10-15 CG's from the best SP's, etc.?

From what I have done with tweaking things, yes it is responsive. I did very little tweaking with homeruns and K's and noticed a difference (went from 50 to 55 for each). It wasn't huge, but that was what I was going for.

Also, I am just now getting out of the deadball era, and started to get a little worried that the engine was not going to adjust (the reason I tweaked homers up above). But with this career the deadball era just lasted a little longer I guess (1927 season the league leader had 25 HRs, and since about the early 20's it has been going up). I am starting to think about running another career and see if the automatic adjustment will differ from game to game. I am doing a fictional league BTW.

I still get 10-15 CGs for the league leaders at this point too. I am not sure what the number will be for a present day game though, and how much to move the sliders.

Also, I recommend that anyone who buys this, get the latest beta patchfrom the PureSim board. I believe you still get version 1.1 when you buy the game. The next official patch, 1.2 is out soon I think. But the beta patches are pretty stable, I have not had a single problem with 1.8, and they have added/fixed some things that will make the game even better for you.

Last edited by Cringer : 07-01-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote