View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 07:32 AM   #276
pantera
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So, I have a serious question. At what point can we dispense with the masks? It seems like by mid-to-late summer everyone will have had more than a chance to get vaccinated. At that point if you are not vaccinated, it is really on you, isn't it? The rest of us just keep getting vaccinated every year like the flu, and then the others keep getting COVID in varying degrees of severity. And like the flu it sounds like there'll be a ton of COVID variants, some worse than others, some more vaccine resistant than others.

Or do you foresee the masks being a permanent thing, sort of like how they are typical to be worn on mass transit and in public by many in certain Asian countries?
I tend to agree with you on the 1st part. Masks off by the fall? Exception being if they find that the vaccines tend to wear off quickly and we need a booster in the fall/winter. Or a variant emerges that the current vaccines can't handle.

On your 2nd question, I can foresee myself wearing a mask during typical flu season when I will go on errands or shopping, or get on public transportation. Why not? I'm used to wearing one now, it's not too much of a bother. If it can reduce my chances of catching a flu or cold, put one on. (I wouldn't wear one to a friend's house or to a restaurant) I think there will be a slight culture shift in that regard, because there won't be a stigma about wearing one in the future. I think a lot of people will carry around hand sanitizer in their pocket/purse too.
pantera is offline   Reply With Quote