View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #277
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My son is getting his 2nd shot tomorrow, my wife next Tuesday, and me and my other child 2 weeks from tomorrow.

So, I have a serious question. At what point can we dispense with the masks? It seems like by mid-to-late summer everyone will have had more than a chance to get vaccinated. At that point if you are not vaccinated, it is really on you, isn't it? The rest of us just keep getting vaccinated every year like the flu, and then the others keep getting COVID in varying degrees of severity. And like the flu it sounds like there'll be a ton of COVID variants, some worse than others, some more vaccine resistant than others.

Or do you foresee the masks being a permanent thing, sort of like how they are typical to be worn on mass transit and in public by many in certain Asian countries?

I'm with you. There's a certain point where everyone that wants a shot has gotten one. And think that would be by first half of Summer like in June. I am sure my mask regimen will become much more lax (e.g. grocery store, walking the trails, going into a gas station to buy a coke, getting a hair cut etc.).

With that said, there are still some groups where vaccinations are not yet approved for like younger children. So out of respect for that, if I had to go to a Chucky Cheese (are they still around?) or to playground, I would wear a mask. Not for me but for them in case I can still infect even if vaccinated.

Additionally, if I was in an airport/plane, I think I'll be wearing a mask for the forseeable future (and hope the airlines continue to enforce it).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote