View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #709
Thomkal
Head Coach

[Greenleaf the Qwith Ranger]

Clearly the dungeon creators are laughing heartily at me now. I left the room with the weapon racks behind and soon found myself in what appears to be an unmanned stable. Not even a stable boy to take care of the horses.

And the horses clearly needed to be taken care of-the smell alone I'm sure would have caused many to gag and choke. Not a Ranger of course, used to working with animals, but clearly these hadn't been tended to for quite some time.

I would have left the stables in this state-after all I did not come to this miserable excuse of a dungeon to be a stable boy-but not only did I find I could not leave, I was more and more compelled to clean the stables and take care of the horses. Yes I was now the Stable Boy whether I wanted to be or not.

It appears I will be cleaning throughout the night given the amount of work here, but in this room at least, the dungeon pays well. A good amount of gold, a scroll that will allow me to trade on the black market without being in the same room, and a certain amount of "life experience" that now has me more confidant that I can take on more of that which this dungeon has to offer.

And that's a good thing too-the only exit from here is to the next level of bricks-I would have to go back to my starting room to find another room on this level that I haven't been to yet.

This makes it unlikely I will find any of you for a while, which would be a good thing for us both probably-I'm used to being alone in the wilderness, and now I smell of the wilderness...very strongly smell of it and likely will for several days now.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote