Hall Of Famer

Players Retiring:

Big Z from the Heat.

Raja Bell from the Jazz

White Chocolate from the Pacers

Nazr Mohammed from the Raptors

Antonio McDyess from the Spurs.

Coaches Retiring:

Larry Brown from the Bobcats, Doc Rivers from the Celtics, and George Karl from the Suns.

Off Season Progression:

Turner took another huge step forward from his 2nd to 3rd year. He now rivals Iggy as the top player on the team. And he isn't even close to hitting his roof. He is well on his way to becoming a true super-star.

Jefferson and Holiday took small steps forward. Iggy has plateaued.

Speights took a small step forward. Williams took a small step forward. 2nd year PG Norm Baylor took a nice step forward.

Redd and Brand are in definite decline. So are Nocioni and Kapono to lesser extent. Kapono isn't worth keeping on the roster anymore.

I pick up the iptions on Baylor, Turner, and Holiday. I decide to decline the option on Nocioni. That money can better be used elsewhere.

Results of other options throughout the league:

Chris Paul declined his option and is now a FA.

Deron Williams, Gerald Wallace and Dwight Howard accepted their player options.

Notable Team options: Wall, Griffin, Curry, Tyreke Evans, Harden, Bynum, Jennings, and Collision all had team options exercised.

Brandon Bass declined his option and is a FA. Ditto for Gilbert Arenas.

The Lakers declined Lamar Odom's option. Ditto for Denver and Kenyon Martin.

Player who I can re-sign:

Speights (I will try), Nocioni, George, Kapono, and Meeks. I might try on Meeks.

Speights declines my first offer of 54 million for 5 years.

Meeks accepts a 1 year deal for 487k.

Speights accepts a 5 year deal for 55 million dollars. Our starting C is locked up.

I decide to let George, Nocioni, and Kapono go.

I work out a trade with the Cavs. Pure salary dump on my part. Not to mention get rid of unhappy players:

We trade Louis Williams and Elton brand to the Cavs for Mo Williams and Leon Powe. I don't plan on keeping Mo Williams for long as I expect he'd be unhappy as a bench player.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote