View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 01:13 PM   #302
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Hey, I don't claim to fully understand what is going over the pond. I hear of lot of things from the Republican's I find pretty awful. Gay rights, women not having the right to control their own bodies, gun narrow mindedness.

On the flip side I hear about wokism getting out of control. Biological men being allowed to compete in sport again biological females. Political correctness is no longer in the real world.

For me I am not going to spend my life arguing with a stranger on Twitter. I can understand you are in an emotional spot. But from my experience people seldom change their opinions if they are hard right or left. They just die and a new generation comes through with fresh outlooks.

It seems pretty obvious to me the current left versus right war in the U.S. will have no winner. It has gone too far now. Life long resentment on the cards IMO.

First off. Wokism is really just code for "people or things I don't like or agree with" I have yet to see anyone define it, which is why it is also a powerful tool. When a politician like DeSantis uses it to one person it is anti-black, to another anti-trans, to another anti gay. The one thing we do know about it is that it is anti inclusion, and I fail to see how that is a good thing.

As far as your "both sides do it" argument, as other have mentioned aren't comparable. Does the left do some stupid shit, absolutely, but they aren't taking away anyone's rights or putting anyone at risk. They are advocating to include everyone and let people live their lives.

Contrast that to the right. They are working on literally stripping more than half the population of their reproductive rights. They are actively trying to suppress young people and blacks from voting while trying to destroy the faith in our elections. Not only are they fighting against gun control, they are actually making it easier to obtain guns and carry them anywhere you want.

This doesn't even touch the culture war BS. Members of the LGBTQ community are being targeted as groomers and pedophiles. One of the faces of the party literally called Biden on on 60 minutes, then doubled down about it on twitter. They are destroying education by removing book, trying to rewrite history about slavery, etc...

You just CAN NOT compare the two. One is a party by and large of inclusion, the other is the party of emasculated middle age white men terrified they are losing their country.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote