View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 01:48 PM   #310
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
I just googled it because I had no idea. It looks like it was big news in conservative media last month.

Here's the Goosebumbs info at least"

According to the report, the novels have undergone more than 100 edits. Those edits include references to a character being "cheerful" rather than "plump", changing "crazy" to "silly", and completely removing references to villains making victims "slaves.

The report also lists some examples from specific titles. Notably, the reissue of 1998's Bride of the Living Dummy changes the ventriloquist dummy from knocking a girl unconscious using a "love tap" to a magic spell instead while the 1996 book Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns changes the description of one character, Lee, from being like "the rappers on MTV videos" to "tall and good-looking, with brown skin, dark brown eyes and a great, warm smile. He sort of struts when he walks and acts real cool."

Illustrates perfectly what I’m talking about. Do those changes need to be made? Likely not except maybe punching out a women, but this changes also have zero affect on anyone like say, I don’t know, putting laws in place that require hospitals to put death panels in place for an ectopic pregnancy.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote