View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #110
sabotai
General Manager

December 28th, 2016

Friendly vs. Evian TG FC. Draw 4-4
(HT: We were ahead 4-2 (up 4-1 at one point) then I put my backups in)

Just a one game sample, but it looked like I got out of Go Route One what I was trying to get out of More Direct Passing. Saw a lot of very quick movement from defense to attack. My defense was leaky though. Suttner had an especially bad game (5.3).

Stark's contract is up in 6 months. I tried to offer a new contract and he shut it down before it started. Pretty sure I'm going to need to gain promotion to get him to talk new contract.

Wannenwetsch also shut down before talks could start.

Stahl's on board, though. He signed through 2019 for $27.5k per week (a small pay increase from $25k p/w). If both Stark and Wannenwetsch don't sign, my team goes down the tubes. Then again, if I don't gain promotion, I'll probably fired so whatevs.

I've gotten messages about Suttner and Wannenwetsch getting contract offers from other teams.

I talked to Wannenwetsch. Seems he had an issue with my asking price for him? Anyway, I told him he was underestimating his value to the team and that picked him up. Enough so that he was willing to listen to contract talks. I tried talking to Stark, but for him it's clear. Promotion or he's leaving.

Suttner.....I might just let him go. He is way too streaky. I'd rather have a consistent 6.7 player than someone who gives me as many sub-6.0 performances as he does 7.5+ performances.

January 1st, 2017
Mendler joins Union Berling, GK Odisseas Vlachodimos joins our team.

Got an offer of $100k for Christopher Rech. Hey, $100k for a career backup, thanks.

I'm going to bring up ST Uros Dimitrijevic. I told him I'd get him some 1st-team playing time. He said he wanted to be loaned out, but I want to keep him in house to ensure he gets trained by my coaches.

One thing that worries me about Uros is that he's not getting big offers. Con gets offers around $3.7M all the time, Sabusi got offers of $6M-$7M...Uros is only getting offers around $375k, with the occasional $700k off.

January 3rd, 2017

Friendly vs. FC Bayern II. Win 4-1.

Saw Dimitrijevic make some nice moves and get an assist. He's already a great dribbler (15) and fast (Pace: 14, Acc: 16, Agi: 14). He'll run circles around some players in 2.Bundesliga.

Wannenwetsch signs to 2020 at $34.5k p/w.

January 8th, 2017

Friendly vs. Dortmund II. Win 5-0

I tried Wood at AMR (He's "Accomplished") with Uros at ST and Marco on the other side. That combination of speed was something they couldn't handle. And when Marco gets a good shot off, he really blasts it.

GK Vitus Eicher agrees to a mutual termination.

ST / AM(RL) - Dominik Masek - 21yo - CZE - 2.5 / 4
Signed to a Pre-Contract, it'll go through on July 1st, 2017. $8k /pw until 2019.
Signed him mainly to back up my wingers and strikers. I just sold Mendler, I'm not going to resign Cutolo and I don't know what's going on with Stoppelkamp. His Av.Rating in league games in 6.88 with a game here and there that's over 7.0. It's not that he's playing badly, just a step below what he used to. And he's getting $42.5k p/w. His contract i sup in July and his production doesn't match his salary.

Even if I keep Stoppelkamp, that gives me him and Marco. Wood if I decide to keep him at AMR. I'll need a good player to step in if they get injured or called up for international play (which frequently happens with Wood).

January 14, 2017

Friendly vs. Ludogorets. Win 1-0

They played a 5 man defensive line and kept them back so it was hard to get a lot of fast break chances. Possession was evenly match, but the action was mostly in the middle or their end. We did have 24 shots, but with so many in the box, it was hard to get any good shots. 9 on target, but most were blocked by defenders in the way. They only had 5 shots, and most of them came late in the game when my backups were in.

January 20, 2017

Friendly vs. RC Red Bull Salzburg. Win 3-1

This game was mostly played in the middle of the field. I'm not seeing any long passes, where my DLP or AP launch it and let my fast Wingers and Striker try to beat out the defense. I tell my two playmakers "More Direct Passing" to see if that encourages them to try that more often. There were a few times where it looked clear a s day to do that, but then my AMC just held up the ball and passed it short. But I also tell my DCs, hoping that will cause them to give it to the DLP (or AP if he's close by) and let them worry about getting it upfield quickly. I was going to tell my BWM DM to do the same (short passing), but Wannenwetsch is actually pretty good at passing, so I'll tick that on for when Stahl is in.

I felt I needed to keep Stoppelkamp. Even if he isn't the player he used to be, losing Mendler, Cutolo and Stoppelkamp would been too much and then I'd have zero depth at the winger position. He's agreed to a slight paycut. He'll be here until 2019 at $40.5k p/w, and we dropped the "match highest earner" clause.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-02-2014 at 01:28 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote