View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #145
sabotai
General Manager

Chelsea puts in a bid of $3.4M for Marco. Not for sale.

Sabusi is officially transfered. The $6.5M transfer was a new record for my team.

That also makes it a record for my team in total transfers in one year. $16.5M, breaks previous record of $10.5M.

Marco was pissed about me not letting him speak to Chelsea. I told him the bids were far below his value and he didn't like that answer. In fairness to him, he is still just being paid $1.2k per week....his contract is up in a year. He's about to be paid.

Team Finances
Budget: $850k p/w
Transfer: $2.01M

Would have liked to have a good sized transfer budget so I could go get a long-term solution to the DL position as well as another DC, but overall, I am happy with this. The budget will allow me to sign the young players who will be due big contracts while keeping the veterans around. Lots of salary bonuses kicked in to us being promoted, though, and the payroll went from ~$650k p/w to $788k p/w.

I change the budget and get rid of the transfer budget. I'm not going to get someone for $2M or less that's going to help at this point, so pushing the payroll budget to $880k p/w helps more.

Hamburger HSV offered me an interview for their job. I declined.

DL - Ali Ahamada - FRA - 20yo - 2.5 / 4
Found him on the free transfer market. Signed for $9.5k p/w. Decent speed (Pace: 12, Acc: 13, Agi: 14), can tackle very well (17), very good at heading (14) (but no jumping reach: 7). Needs some work on his crossing (11), passing (9) and marking (11). Very good work rate (16). Most of his mental and technical attributes are below Achenteh's, so he'll mostly be a backup, but he's got good potential.

Steve Clancy, Carlos Grasso, Dominik Masek, Michel Lieder and Ali Ahamada join the team.

Suttner joins Köln.

I have too many goalkeepers so when Unterhaching made a bid for Sven Müller for ~$100k, I accepted.

Board Confidence: Job Security 54%

I wanted to just get it done and sign Marco to a new deal. Except now he's not talking to me. Hopefully he'll be happier after the season gets started. I'm a bit fucked if I lose him.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote