View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

My assman takes a $7k deal to go to Renfrew and be the assman there. Unfortunately, our available pool of replacements is awful. So awful that I'm simply going to go without one.

My Head of Youth Development takes the same money and heads to Linlithgow Rose. Fuck it. I'll be the only staff member here.

Transfer In - DL/ML Sean Fleming (26) - From Kinnoull
14 Teamwork and 11 Acceleration, but that's underselling his excellent all around mental game. Looking like our team captain next year to boot with his 13 Leadership.

Transfer In - DL/DCish Paul Murphy (20) - From Threave Rovers
15 Teamwork and 13 Flair, 12 Work Rate too with 11 Pace, though he's slow to get off the mark. I kind of like him better as a DC, so we'll slot him there.

Transfer In - DR Kyle Rae (29) - From Pumpherston
10 Tackling, 15 Teamwork. He'll be a reserve, because our system demands crossing FBs, and he's only rated 2 there.

Transfer In - DC/MC/ST Derek Gemmell (33) - From Ardeer Thistle
He was the manager in addition to a player for his old club, and they're currently first in the league on goal differential. He stinks, though, like all the staff down here. 10 Tackling, 13 Aggression, 12 Decisions. Very accomplished 3 position player who affords us a lot of flexibility. 10 Finishing, too.

[b]@ Balmore (11th)
G: Lucas Birnstingl
D: Sean Fleming/Paul Murphy/Derek Gemmell/Kyle Rae
DM: Luidgi Hoareau (Training)
MC: Barna Tott/Grant Thomson
AMC: Gary Kelman
ST: Lewis Kinnaird/Jack Currie

Hooray! No bleeping grey guys!

14 - ...Okay, I need an assman 0-1

33 - Kelman boots a beauty downfield ahead of Kinnaird, who captures it, sits on the goal line, and strikes in the distance equalizer 1-1

51 - Lyall is in for Murphy

68 - Bye, Fleming. And of course, I just pulled the one guy who could move over

82 - Grey guy sub who is ML that I stuck in at DL because left footed guy makes a heroic interception and blasts it all the way down the pitch to Currie. He dribbles and centers to Kinnaird, whose header bangs off the upper bar. Kelman steps up to kick in the rebound 2-1

90 - Birnstingl doesn't dawdle on the goal kick, but sends it deep to Currie, who heads down and controls the ball. He's being pestered, so he sends back to Tott for the first touch right side pass to Rae, who everyone is ignoring. Cross comes and this time Kinnaird is able to keep the header down! 3-1

92 - How the fuck was that offsides?!

Gary Kelman takes the match ball with a 9.0, but Lewis Kinnaird (8.8), Barna Tott (8.3), Luidgi Hoareau (8.0), and Kyle Rae (8.4) also sparkled in our first lone coach game.

After mid-season firings, we're able to pick up an 8/8 JPA/JPP assman and scout, already making us much better than we were initially.

3-4 weeks without Sean Fleming

vs Glasglow Harp (10th)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Kyle Rae

35 - Kelman short passes to Currie, then runs into the box to receive the return pass and shoot the short-range goal. 1-0

40 - Thomson's corner kick is in the air, and Lyall out jumps four or five guys to head it in 2-0

44 - Hoareau hits out left to Murphy, the defender way too late in marking. I'm expecting a protest as it looks like Currie might be offsides on the box delivery, but nope! 3-0

47 - Ugh. 3-1

88 - We've been lazy as shit this half 3-2

Jack Currie's 7.9 is PotM-winning, with Grant Thomson's 7.4 second best. The team gets butthurt when I chew them out for that shitty second half display.

vs Myre Athletic AFC (19th)
D: Paul Murphy/Connor Lyall/Derek Gemmell/Callum Hill

6 - Disgusting 0-1

18 - Tott shoots the ball down the right flank for Hill and crosses to Kinnaird for the easy score. And that's exactly why the 17 year old is my preferred DR over the more esteemed Rae, who's on the bench. 1-1

30 - Just effing great. Birnstingl breaks his finger, and while he can play through it, we have a Cup game in a couple days, with no opportunity to sign a backup probably.

50 - Thomson backs to Currie in the box, whose ill-advised shot is easily blocked. Kelman scoops up the rebound just outside and threads a pass between three defenders back to Currie for the loft-in. 2-1

58 - Our backline is shit as per ushe. 2-2

70 - Heroic Hill makes a stellar interception and hammers it down the pitch to Kinnaird. He dribbles into the half-circle and converts the long-range strike! 3-2

74 - Double yellow for Murphy. 3 man backline with the ML coming in as DL and Lyall the lone DC. IOW, we're getting fucked over for our trophy match.

Gary Kelman is PotM with 9.0 and Lewis Kinnaird isn't far off with an 8.8. Second straight narrow win. We catch a huge break when Lucas Birnstingl's finger was just jammed up and not broken, so he can play through our absurd fixture congestion going on right now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote