View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #414
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NCAA Elite Eight

Louisville Region

(1) Louisville- 82, (14) Georgia St.- 62 -- The Cinderella run is over for Georgia St., as they ran into a buzzsaw tonight. Louisville dominated from the opening tip, shooting 54.5% from the field. The Cardinals were led by Montrezl Harrell who had 21 points and 11 rebounds, while Georgia St. got 18 from Manny Atkins.

Kansas Region

(1) Kansas- 87, (3) Arkansas- 78 -- The Jayhawks led from start to finish in this one, building the lead up to 17 points in the second half. Kansas outrebound the Hogs 39-27, and many of those were offensive rebounds for putbacks. Joel Embiid led the way for KU with 17 points, 10 boards, while Arkansas was led by Michael Qualls and his 14 points.

Arizona Region

(3) Syracuse- 75, (1) Arizona- 51 -- StLee called this one, but even I didn't expect the result to be this lopsided. A 42-22 halftime deficit is what did Arizona in, as both teams took pretty good care of the basketball, but the Wildcats only shot 36.5% from the field, including 2-10 from three point land. Syracuse, meanwhile, was 8-13 from behind the arc and the Orange were led by Tyler Ennis and C.J. Fair who both had 16. Zona was led by Kaleb Tarczewski who had 12.

Michigan Region

(1) Michigan- 85, (11) Harvard- 71 -- StLee predicted that Harvard would have a chance to win if they shot like they did against Villanova. He wasn't too far off as the Crimson shot 46.9% for the game. In most games, shooting like that would get you a win, but here's the key.. you gotta play defense! This is something Harvard didn't do tonight, as the Wolverines were 32-49 from the field, good for 65.3%. Hard to lose when you're shooting like that. Nik Stauskas led Michigan with 15 points while Harvard's Wesley Saunders led all scorers with 17 in the losing effort.

So our Final Four is set:

(1) Louisville vs. (1) Kansas
(3) Syracuse vs. (1) Michigan

4 teams that have a TON of postseason success, and it's hard to get a better group of national semifinal games. My prediction of Louisville-Michigan for the NC is still on par, but either of these games could go either way. Gosh darnit Arizona cost me a perfect seeding, as had the Wildcats won, all 4 #1 seeds would have been in the Final Four. Nevertheless, I'm pretty proud of how I seeded this tournament, at least as far as the top seeds go.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote