molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 2, February 1984
Johnson City, TN (Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 873. Ticket prices: Default Price
Actual Attendance: 963

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Lord Alfred Hayes interviews Al Perez about his upcoming match with Tiger Mask. (E)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Tiger Mask defeated Al Perez in 8:09 by pinfall. (D). Perez was exhausted towards the end of the match. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Tiger Mask officially accepted Villano III's challenge for a "open mask challenge" match at Mexican Invasion. Tiger Mask talks about how Villano III is trying to frame this match as Mexico v. Japan, but Tiger Mask says that he has nothing against Lucha Libre, and in fact, it is Villano III who has disgraced his country by driving Gory and Hector Guerrero out of WCCW. (C-)

-Freebirds Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin come to the ring with Bob Backlund. Michael Hayes says that as soon as the Von Erichs won the six-man tag titles, he's had his eyes on the Freebirds wining the belts. But, says Hayes, Roberts seems to have "gone soft" lately (by apologizing to Mike Von Erich and to the fans). So, says Hayes, he and Garvin will team up with Bob Backlund to challenge for the titles tonight. Backlund then says he'll embarrass David tonight, and eventually, he'll take his world title also, and give it to a man that truly deserves it - his business associate, Michael Hayes. (C)

-Ted Dibiase defeats Steve Armstrong in 6:55 by submission. (C+). Armstrong looked off his game. After the match, Dibiase takes a $100 bill and pushes it down Armstrong's throat. (B-) Dibiase looked good.

-Non-Title Match
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeated King Kong Bundy & Brian Adias in 8:44 when Ware pinned Adias. (B-). Koko seemed off his game. Eaton looked good. After the match, Eaton & Adias accepted the challenge made by The Sheepherders for a tag title rematch. (C)

-Adrian Adonis defeated Tommy Rodgers in 10:51 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Adonis ran down Piper again, and announced that the contract has been signed - he'll face Piper at Mexican Invasion. (C).

-Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich come to the ring, to hype their title defense against Hayes, Garvin, and Freebird. (C). They claim they're as strong as united as ever. David came across well.

-Ricky Morton came to the ring, and put over WCCW's debut in his home state of Tennessee. (C-). Boris Malenko then came to the ring with Nikita Koloff. Malenko claimed Morton's win over Koloff on the TV show was was a fluke, and that the Russian Nightmare will destroy "Tennessee's Own" Ricky Morton. (C+)

-Ricky Morton defeated Nikita Koloff in 9:22 by DQ when Boris Malenko interfered. (C+) Koloff seemed off his game.

-WCCW Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match
Michael Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, and Bob Backlund defeated Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich in 14:37. Backlund had the chicken-wing applied to David while the other 4 were brawling outside the ring. Kerry overcame Garvin outside the ring, and broke up Backlund's hold with a steel chair to earn the DQ. The Von Erichs retain the titles. (B). David and Backlund looked good.

Overall Show Rating: C+ (This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity).

THOUGHTS:

-Even though the Southeast doesn't draw for us particularly well yet, I tend to run very solid shows there (mostly because there are so many wrestlers that have SOME overness there, including many people on my roster). Between this show and the tv show last week, my southeast popularity has jumped from 35.7% to 36.5% since the start of the month, further establishing it as WCCW's #3 region.

-Excellent main event - it's pretty hard to get a B rating in any type of tag match, when you can pull it off, it helps everyone in the match. In this instance, it was a small step towards increasing the southeast popularity of 5 of my biggest stars (and Jimmy Garvin).

-The Eaton/Ware v. Bundy/Adias match was a nice surprise at a B-. Eaton and Ware are very well known in the Southeast, but I didn't think they could carry Bundy & Adias to even that level. Bundy & Adias will be a semi-active team under Gary Hart's leadership - I'm imaging Bundy doing most of the work, and loudmouth Adias hiding behind him and taking most of the credit.

-Dibiase carried Steve Armstrong to Armstrong's best match with WCCW. Armstrong is another guy that's getting a ton of ring time at a young age - he's wrestled 35 matches between us and SECW, and he's only 18.

-I gave Tiger Mask an dark match shot only because I needed an extra storyline element from tonight's show (his acceptance of Villano III's challenge). Of course, matches like that also do nothing but help the development of guys like Al Perez.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote