View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
cschex
High School Varsity

FM 2006: Bologna 2011-onwards

This is my first attempt at a dynasty, so no promises for quality. I'm a big fan of the work Butter O' 69 is doing with his Petersborough dynasty, so any similarities are imitation on my part, most likely.

I'm currently in the 2011 off-season with Bologna in Italy. This is my fifth season at the club. I came over in 2007 after winning two MLS titles with Real Salt Lake and proceeded to take the newly-promoted Bologna side to 8th in their first year. The next year, we finished fifth, securing a UEFA Cup spot and defying all of the critics. In 2009/2010, we pipped Juventus on the last day to win Bologna's first Scudetto since 1961. Last season, we slipped up a bit and finished third as Roma ran away with the title.

In a league dominated by heavyweights who throw around 30 million Euros on one player, I have just gotten my surplus above that mark and have been handed my largest transfer budget by far, 32 million Euros. My goals for the team are as follows:

1) Advance past the First Knockout Round in the Champions League. In our first appearance last season, we were knocked around by Inter and quickly exited.

2) Reclaim the Serie A title.

3) Win the Italian Cup, where we have never advance past the first round.

Well, that’s the basic info. I'm currently on July 2nd, 2011. I'll introduce the squad next as we prepare for the beginning of the preseason.

cschex is offline   Reply With Quote