View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
cschex
High School Varsity

July ‘11

Ah, my second-least favorite month of the season (after June). I am one who immediately puts the AM in charge of friendlies and lets the month buzz buy. This month I actually played a couple out, just to see some of my new signings in action. Everything looked good in my tour of Holland, with the exception of Loviso tearing a calf muscle and being out for 4 months. While that clears up a logjam at DM, I still have to register him for the Champs League. *grumble* Kitambala has had a great preseason so far, scoring 4 goals and averaging an 8.5. Maybe he’s all the way back this year.

A few noteworthy events did happen. I brought in a couple of new players, 21 yr old DL/AML Leroy Fer from relegated side Avellino and 19 yr old striker Cesare Giovannini from Cesana. Both will play in the reserves this season, but I can’t resist adding exciting young talent at cut-rate prices, even if I am already stocked at the position. I have my eye on a youngster who could be the answer to my qualms about my right midfield, but there are a few potential barriers.

Most importantly, I was appointed the new coach of the Belgian National Team. I had quickly ear-marked Belgium as one of the few nations I wanted to coach; as they have some intriguing young players and many of them play for me. When they offered me the job I quickly accepted it. They sit in second place in their group for 2012 Euro Championship qualifying with 9 points. Leader Germany has 13 and third place Scotland has 7. I hope that we are able to overtake Germany, but we should be able to at least secure the playoff spot. As the month comes to a close, I am running scout searches in Spain, Holland and Italy in an attempt to shake loose any talent that might be worth my while to invest in.

As the month closes, I am chasing after an amazing-looking young defender who is being pursued by Roma also. The uncertain part is that he is co-owned, and while one club has agreed to a transfer fee the other wont budge. It appears Roma has already agreed to a price (which must be more than 10M total, as that’s what my offer stands at), so hopefully I can at least get to the negotiating table before the player signs with them.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote