View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
cschex
High School Varsity

As the month comes to a close we again try to open negotiations with Bellini, who wants 44K a week! To put in perspective, he’s currently a 19 yr old defender who isn’t even a starter for Serie B Torino. Sorry Aldo, I might not have a wage structure, but I’m not that dumb. We head to the end of the month and into the international break with all of our transfer business done, for now.

September ‘11

As the new month starts, my board is very pleased and reports we lost 13M last month, which is mostly from transfer fees.

With a week off for the international games, it’s time for my first game with Belgium, at home vs. Ukraine. They are one of the two teams that have beaten us in qualifying, so we are looking for a win here to keep ahead of Scotland for second place in the group. I don’t really have the energy to do an exhaustive write-up of the squad, but suffice to say the backline is the strong point with Kompany, Vanden Borre, and ManU keeper Silvio Proto. I’m running an attacking 4-4-2. I won’t do too much description of the international games until Euro 2012 (assuming I make it), so I’ll say we thoroughly out-played the Ukraine in this one. Stein Huysegems and our own Rob Devisscher put in goals and Belgium strolls to an easy 2-0 win.

With the win, we move to 12 points in the Group, still behind Germany but almost assured of a playoff spot. We play the group leaders in Germany during the next break in October, then finish against Armenia on October 12th

One cool item of note: based on their strong play last year and at the beginning of this year, Daniele Vantaggiato and Giacomo Cipriani have been called up to the Italy squad for their qualifying match on Sept. 7th. Only Daniele got in the game (a 1-0 win over Greece), but hopefully this will lead to more call-ups in the future for two of our most important players.

September 11, Match #2 @ Fiorentina (3rd)

Back from the international break, we are slightly favored against Fiorentina. At age 34, Luca Toni is still the star of the team, and Charles N’Zogbia is a constant threat from the midfield as well.

GK: De Sanctis
Def: Bangura, Huth, Alex, Avine
DM: Besagno, Celio Junior
AM: Vantaggiato, Ton, Devisscher
F: Kitambala

We are giving a few regulars a rest today as we have a home game against Shakhtar in the Champions League in just two days. After a boring opening half hour, we strike quickly when a Banguru cross finds Ton’s head in the middle of the box and he beats Carlos Kameni near-side. 10 minutes later, Kameni parries a Kitambala breakaway shot right to the feet of Devisscher, who strikes the ball into the open net. We allow a Toni goal in the dying seconds of the half but go into the break with a 2-1 lead. In the 70th minute, a perfect pass by Ton frees Devisscher on the left. He squares the ball for Kitambala, who lobs the keeper and puts us up 3-1. The rest of the game is uneventful and we record a 3-1 vitcory on the road.

Devisscher is named MotM for his 1 goal/1 assist performance with a 9 rating and 6 other players garner an 8. It was the most complete game the team has played in the young season and we will need more of that, with Palermo, Roma and Inter on the schedule after the Champions League tie.

Ton becomes our first player honored in the Team of the Week this season for his performance against Fiorentina.

September 13, Champions League Group B v. Shakhtar

GK: De Sanctis
Def: Miguel, Huth, Maduro, Kerkeni
DM: Poujol, Djourou
AM: Vogel, Baykal, Mota
F: Cipriani

I was doing other things during this match, so suffice to say that Cipriani bagged a hat-trick and Bruno Mota added a goal off a header. We allowed a late goal but came away 4-1 victors.

Cipriani was MotM and one of 3 players to rate a 9, along with Miguel and Huth.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote