View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #228
Calis
College Starter

Just got to watch the fights this morning.

As for the main event, absolutely horrible stoppage. It very much looks like a fix. The only other possibility is they were trying REAL hard to not look too bloody on TV, and the ear thing just caused them to get it over withI would've liked to have seen Slice do better. I don't care much personally about the guy, but he's obviously Elite XC's most hyped guy and they need him to shine to do well here. I didn't think he looked horrible though, he handled himself a little better than I expected but he obviously has tons and tons more to learn, and not enough years to do it.

Really would've liked to see the Lawler/Smith fight continue, that one had a lot of potential.

Not a bad showing overall for them though. It wasn't anything spectacular, but they booked it well..they obviously didn't want to take chances with slow lay 'n pray style fights. I'll be curious to see what the ratings look like.

Good couple weeks for MMA though. We had a very solid UFC card last weekend, this show last night, tonight we have Faber vs. Pulver, and then next week another UFC.

Last edited by Calis : 06-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote