View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #233
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
well consider me naiive then:

The girl, Taylor, looked to me to have a broken orbital. The fact that it went from no swelling to enormous swelling in a matter of seconds PLUS the doctor putting his hands directly on the bone to feel it spoke volumes.

The fighter, Smith, who got poked told the Doctor, "I can't see." I believe he meant, "I Can't see right now but give me the 5 minutes and we'll check then." However, he didnt. supposedly he said, "I can't see." twice but I only saw it once. As a Doctor you'd be assuming quite a bit of risk to allow anyone to go out there after telling you that.

The Slice stoppage I felt was timely. The opponent shouldve ended it in round 2. In round 3 I saw him go to La La land 2 or 3 times, His ear was going to be ripped off of his head and Slice was landing bombs repeatedly. Taken 1 of those things on it's own maybe it couldve gone longer. Combining those factors and I felt the stoppage was appropriate.

However, Im new to the sport so consider me a laymen.

There are some people saying (I didn't see it) that they could see Taylor in the corner saying 'I'll do whatever Elite XC wants' right before the stoppage. Sounds fishy, but it wasn't a hugely controversial decision, just unusual and when you throw it in with the other two it is suspect.

With the eye poke, in most cases the doctor never even comes into the octagon to check the guy's eye unless he's visibly shaken from it. And when they do, they don't look in the wrong eye more than the hurt eye and stop the fight. I've never seen a fight stopped due to an eye poke involuntarily (a mild one at that), and I've watched lots of MMA.

With the main event, Kimbo was getting destroyed on the ground - they stood them up (for no real reason other than that Kimbo wasn't doing anything), and then he was taken down and completely destroyed again til the end of the round and it still kept going. His ear wasn't going anywhere that is the most common 'injury' for wrestlers there is, and it SHOULD of been drained before the fight but even without he was in no danger with his ear.

Thompson was coming off two losses, he was suppose to come in and get knocked out because of his 'suspect chin' and his ear alone gave away the fact that he wasn't going to just stand and bang the whole fight. When they saw Kimbo was going to get exposed (which he did) they had to figure out a way to get him the W. He was no more shaken than Kimbo, they were both gassed. Kimbo was embarrassingly gassed considering he spent a good 6 minutes of the fight on his back eatting elbows and punches like dead weight.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote