View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have two potential level ups - Ganelon and Fierabras.

Let's start with our Yeoman Blocker Fierabras -

I roll double 4s for an eight. Doubles are a nice and sick roll. What do I want?

I could grab Dodge from the Agility section. I don't know that I need to get it on a Blocker though.

No need to grab anything from the Pass section. It might sound good to pass to four catchers though. I could grab Pass here, and then Strong Arm next as a strength skill. That gives you +1 to pass attempts and Pass gives you a reroll for a pass attempt. So I could do Pass here, and then Strong Arm later. But my initial goal was to eventually turn a Blizter into a passer.

So Dodge or go with Pass?

Dodge

Next is Ganelon the Blitzer

We get double 1s, and roll a 2. Two doubles - nice!

There are two intriguing ways to go with Ganelon:

1). Grab Dodge and thank the stars that one of our blitzers got the Block+Dodge combination.

2). Grab Mighty Blow and turn Ganelon into the power smasher that tries to get casualties for Star Points

Both of these make sense.

I can't normally get Mighty Blow or Dodge for my Blitzers. Now after going for Mighty Blow, I could then move to stuff from the general skill category like tackle or strip ball or something. Maybe Frenzy with Dauntless and Block. Yeah, that's what I'd do - Frenzy next.

What would I do with Dodge? Perhaps go with Tackle or Strip Ball as well. In fact, I'd likely go Strip Ball to break off the other foes, or perhaps Sure Hands to make him a dedicated ball carrier.

So it looks like:

Dodge and then Sure Hands?

Mighty Blow and then Frenzy

Both give me something good. I'm going with Mighty Blow because I think it fits the theme of Ganelon.

We hire:

Blocker - Berengier II

We now have 4 Lineman, 4 Blockers, and 4 Blitzers

I want to eventually replace our injured Lineman, but for now my next goal is a reroll.

We now have a 1110 TV

Our next foe is....

Nature's Sprites, a Wood Elf team, 1120 TV< with a Treeman on the squad but just one Wardancer - considered one of the best players in the game.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote