View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #1101
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2058 Amateur Draft

I’m basically picking BAP since I have so many holes on my board.

Shepherd went at 1.4; Mincey went 1.8 as expected neither are here for our pick.

Okay, our pick has arrived. Is there a homerun here?

Holy crap there is. DT Brenden Pierce. 29/98 run d, 35/100 pass, and 79 endurance. That’s hot. I need another DT, but the problem is I have a good D Line save for one DT spot, and I can cover for a weak DT on that line, so it’s not a high priority. Is there a homerun somewhere else, such as CB, LB or RB? You often find those fall to 13. Then best potential LB is Allen Hernandez. He’s not bad. I would likely take him if Pierce was not here - his potentials are 91, 74, 89 and 51, with 56 endurance. For a team with no starting caliber backs, that’s a good choice. But Pierce is there! I have to take Bap and grab Pierce.

TE Marc Copeland is someone I want to look at later, but not here.

Anyway, our pick in the 2.13 rolls here. We also have the 24th pick this round. Copeland went. Players that intrigue me here include OG Bruce Mittleman, OG Bo Arthur, CB Curtis Lewis is okay, CB Everett Schultz the same, S Lionel Porter is adequate. The BAP is actually DE Juan Suder, but can’t afford to take him. I grab CB Lewis and OG Bo Arthur is there at the 24th selection, so I take him then.

3rd round is here. Do I take S Lionel Porter? There are three legit backup Qbs for my squad that I enjoy too. FB KC Blackburn is nice. But I have a guy I have a feeling about. I think CB Reggie Fuller might be a sleeper, and even if he’s not, he’s a tremendous talent at the KR/PR game and had huge interceptions at 66. He has 10 run D, 16 man to man and 3 zone d. I want to take a shot at him, but I also want Porter for my S spot. Both seem like they are about to go, Porter is 3.5 current and 5.3 total, and second S on the board by current quality, and 5th by potential. CB Fuller looks high by current as well. Who do I take? Both appeal to me strongly. I go with Fuller now, and slow down the sim speed. The S ahead of Porter goes a few picks later, and I make an offer to trade up but I don’t have the ammo, and it falls short. He is taken by Indy near the end of the round, and I miss out on Porter.

So who do I take in the 4? I like RB Glenn Moe. The backup Qbs of quality are still here. The top FB is still on the board as well. I take KC Blackburn. He’s the best player on the board and at his position. I won’t have to worry about that position for a while.

The 5th arrives, and with it three picks at the 13 ,15 and 16 spots. Moe is still here so I grab him. WR Archie Held is okay. S Buddy Kelllum is a clone of Reggie Fuller in many ways (but I’m not thinking boom). The backup Qbs are all there, I take my choice of the good Qbs now. Who knows if they’ll still be there in the 6. Finally, I take WR Held.

The 6th round is here. I grab S Kellum. Now my two 7s arrive. I take WR Everett Perez and LB Robert Harvey.

Draft Recap

1.13 - DT Brendan Pierce, Livingstone
2.13 - CB Curtis Lewis, Cincinnati
2.24 - OG Bo Arthur, Oklahoma State
3.13 - CB Reggie Fuller, Maryland
4.13 - FB K.C. Blackburn, Louisiana Tech
5.13 - RB Glenn Moe, Massachusetts
5.15 - QB Clay Gomez, Georgia Tech
5.16 - WR Archie Held, Florida
6.13 - S Buddy Kellum, Washington State
7.9 - WR Everett Perez, Clemson
7.13 - LB Robert Harvey, Rhode Island

Let’s hope that we have the foundation of a future team here.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote