View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I’m ready to head for training camp and see what I have before making offers to some free agents for my team

3 trade offers, let’s see. I reject an offer for Brenden Pierce, one for Pat Donovan and one for KC Gladney for a 3rd rounder intrigues me. let’s take a look at my roster and rookies. Unfortunately, no major booms, sad. But, my major guys held serve. Let’s look at the rookies:

DT Brenden Pierce, 32/98
CB Curtis Lewis, 23/85
WR Everett Perez, 19/69
S Tito Artis, 24/68 - UFA
OG Bo Arthur, 24/66
FB KC Blackburn, 20/60
QB Clay Gomez, 16/45
S Buddy Kellum, 32/32
RB Glenn Moe, 30/30
WR Archie Held, 25/25
CB Reggie Fuller, 24/24
LB Robert Harvey, 20/21

Fuller didn’t boom, but I signed an UFA who can do as well hopefully and Porter would have done in his place and I keep a great retruner on my roster.

I cut K Omar Woodard. I signed some players:

OT Roger Lira, drafted in the 3rd round by me four years ago and let go as a RFA. He signs for a year. As does LB Wesley Southard, also drafted in the 3rd that year by me and LB Bill Martinez, drafted that year in the 2nd round by me. .

OT Winfred Landdeck was drafted in the 3rd round this year but cut, and I sign him.

Two other draftees of mine from that year are here and tempt me. RB Mitchell Winslett is here, but he’s not that good, he’s flalenin quality. OG Byron Quinn is here, but he’s basically a one year patch who
‘sbetter than one of my guys, but why psuh it?

I cut OT Blake Sayre, Christian Anderson and LB Michael Luce

Ah, why not, I sign OG Quinn and cut OG Larry Kinney

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote