View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, sonically this isn't particularly interesting. But the story is at least somewhat so.

For a fair portion of the 70's, The Outlaws were a decently big deal. A mix of southern rock and california rock, hits like "Green Grass and High Tides" and "There Goes Another Love Song" (and a cover of "Riders In The Sky") became staples.

As happens, members come & go (occasionally they die), and people do other things. 3 members would go on to form the country group Blackhawk in the early 90s and had some success. (Blackhawk had a backing band for the road, known as The Backhawks, which is relevant for reasons I'll get to)

Again, members come & go (and die), times change, and eventually we reach 2020, where The Outlaws exist with no absolutely original members left (though some from their heyday) and are now comprised essentially of the members of Blackhawk, plus a couple of people who were Backhawks.

And among those people is Dale Oliver ... who is likely best known to FOFC as the musical director for TNA Impact Wrestling.

OUTLAWS "Southern Rock Will Never Die" - YouTube