View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I think Shanahan is a really interesting case. Seems very unlikely that he stays in Washington, given the intense friction, so he's likely gone somehow. But a quick firing doesn't seem that likely either, for both cash and spite reasons.

However... I think Shanahan wants to coach in the NFL, and I think he would actually be an intriguing candidate. Kyle (son who has been OC) is also pretty intriguing, and likely gets work either way... but I'd think that someone might at least kick Shanahan's tires a bit.

The Bucs, after a failed college coach attempt with Schiano will probably be on the lookout for a "veteran" NFL coach...fwiw.

And the ownership in Tampa is so much "hands-off" that you think their is a restraining order against them for participating in any league functions whatsoever (outside of cutting checks)...with the talent on the Bucs, it's probably a very close approximation to what would make Shanahan successful again, plus there are great retirement benefits here if he decides he's had enough.

Last edited by Dutch : 12-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote