View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #1360
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The problem with playing for a 0-0 is that one mistake can kill you, de Gea was untroubled for the entire half and then Kompany gets an easy chance. And then the team still did nothing with the ball in the second half.

Park hadn't played in weeks and looked rusty. Even when he was played this season he hasn't looked as quick or tenacious as he did in previous seasons, he's getting old and since he was never particularly gifted technically, he doesn't offer a whole lot anymore.

But I can understand why he was picked, due to injuries there aren't many options in midfield and if you want to play three in the middle to harry the opposition, putting Carrick, Scholes, and Giggs in middle isn't going to do that well since all three are slow.

Maybe SAF should have gone with a 4-4-2 but after giving up four last week and facing an in form City on the road, I understand why he chose not to. 4-5-1 is what he goes with in the UCL knockouts on the road, when we're at
Chelsea, Liverpool, etc. It might have worked too but Smalling lost Kompany for one moment that was that. It's not like we created anything after Welbeck came on either. Maybe with Park in the middle, we should have gone with Valencia and Nani/Young on the wings instead of playing Giggs. I dunno.

It was an incredibly disappointing game and I think City will win the league now (probably 75-25 at this point), but the no-show at Wigan, the sleepwalking through the final ten minutes against Everton, stuff like losing to fucking Blackburn at Old Trafford a few months ago, that cost us just as much as today did.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote