View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #472
korme
Go Reds

John Austin & Johnny Austin is the same guy.

Brian Williams and Bison Dele from Arizona both are in the database (Brian Williams changed his name to Bison Dele)

Will Solomon and a Willie Solomon out of Clemson.

Wes and Wesley Matthews - not Wesley Matthews dad. You have Wes Matthews debuting in 09 and Wesley in 10.

Same goes for Daniel ('09) and Danny ('10) Green. Same for BJ ('09) and Byron ('10) Mullens.

Keith Anderson and Kim Anderson are the same person. The real Kim Anderson that played in 1978's full name was Keith Kim Anderson.

Two John Brisker's, and two Evric Gray's of which there is only 1.

A number of Mcxxxxx are missing the proper capitilization of the third letter.

Found an Obrien and O'brien O'neil etc and what have you are incorrectly entered.

Rb Lynam should be R.B. Lynam just to keep with the consistency of the rest of those type of names.

I'd suggest Lafayette Lever becoming Fat Lever. If you search for 'Lafayette Lever' in BBRef it redirects you to Fat Lever. Good enough for me, calling him Lafayette is the equivalent of calling the other guys Tyrone Bogues, Vernell Coles, or Eric Floyd.

I'd argue for Flip Murray too, but his BBref page officially lists him as Ronald Murray.

Also, if Lew Alcinder in this game is drafted as Kareem, Lloyd Free is World B. Free to start, Chris Jackson & Oliver St. Jean are drafted as Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and Tariq Abdul-Wahad respectively, then you probably have a case for changing Ron Artest to Metta World Peace at this point.

Does it mess up the database if a player doesn't have a last name? Or better to remove the first name? (Nene instead of Nene Hilario would be preferred)

---

And I just finished going through the whole database. That should be it on duplicates.

I'm sure if I missed one I'll find it and annoy you.

Last edited by korme : 04-18-2013 at 07:33 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote