View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #85
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Although I could do this sort of thing nearly every week, that I've done it so rarely in this thread hopefully buys me a little tolerance for it.

What I won't be listening to on purpose very much is the new Shinedown album. I don't know wth its supposed to be but its certainly not much of a rock album. THe most frequent comparison that came to mind while listening through it was "Elton John outtakes". Even when they drift into light alt-rock it's not even good at being that. 3 decent to relatively good songs, the rest isn't even good enough to be called pablum. Closest I can come is maybe up-tempo "adult rock", the modern equivalent to elevator music. Just a virtually complete shit sandwich.

edit to add: The other comparison that came to mind -- not musically/stylistically, but in terms of being utterly awful -- was Scorpions "Eye II Eye". This just misses being THAT terrible

On a more positive note, everything I've heard from the forthcoming new Queensryche album is utterly amazing. Todd LaTorre not only exceeds all reasonable expectations, he might just be one of the best replacement vocalists in rock history. Absolutely amazing stuff so far.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-18-2015 at 12:18 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote