View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 12:00 AM   #9547
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My offspring had a morbid curiosity so I had to endure Saturday Nitro.

I could weep at Kevin Kelly - the best in the business right now afaic - being associated with this abomination but we all got bills to pay I guess.

I'll just toss a few random observations in, with full acknowledgement that I consider AEW - as it has evolved - to be the worst thing to happen to professional wrestling since Vince Russo got a job.|

-- Skye Blue looked at least 4-5 years away from being ready for TV to me. And don't even get me started on Willow. It's not either of their faults, I don't blame them personally, but neither should be anywhere near a TV taping without buying a ticket.

-- I couldn't care less about Miro but I thought that match was actually booked/agented fairly well

-- Cage/Lucha deal seemed to be mostly about setting up their eventual split and a Luchasaurus face turn. They didn't make enough of it but if you could read Cage's lips/hear the faint audio when he's on the turnbuckle he says "I did it", while ignoring the poor dino completely.

-- for as many shit show elements as there are with AEW, perhaps none (other than poor ol' JR) is worse than the godawful ring announcer chick. She's horrific.

-- Andrade/Matthews was fine, both worked harder than the situation deserved. And bonus points for the dumbass ring announcer calling him Buddy Murphy in the introductions

-- White had so little involvement in the ring tonight I seriously wonder if he's nursing an injury. That was almost Tanahashi level of not doing much other than being there. Joe actually looked better than I'd seen him look in a while.