View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #738
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Fellow villagers, as you know I am Aiel. You know little of our ways and so they may seem foreign to you. Above all things we Aiel survive, above all valuable things we place honor, and above all destinies - even those of our own lives - we seek the fulfillment of Aiel prophecy that the one, the Dragon reborn, will return and we will serve and protect him at all costs.

I share this with you because our village, indeed our entire world, is in dire peril from recent events and I have no choice but to intervene. I will live with honor and I will die with the same knowing that I made every effort to forward the cause of the Light and protect those who would serve the Dragon. We have learned to survive and we are cunning, thus have I come into possession of a powerful artifact. I see no other choice than to reveal that I hold the Ter'Angreal.

This powerful item is of no use in my hands as its power is drawn from the One Source and, thus, only of use to a channeler. Our losses have been especially costly in this case as there remain only 2 people we are certain are channelers those being the remaining Aes Sedai. One of these, or both, could be Black Ajah - I risk my life even mentioning the name.

We face a day that could decide the fate of our world and we Aiel will have failed to see our prophecy fulfilled. But, for that very reason I must place an additional burden on our village. We MUST, today, eliminate a servant of the dark, and I must pass on the Ter'Angreal to a channeler that is a true servant of the Light. You must help me decide in whose hands to place this powerful item. I do not know what power it conveys, but we all know the legends attest to its significance. I must pass on this item tonight and you, all of you, must help me identify one among us who can wield its power. Again, in our circumstance, I see no other choice but to demand your attention. The way of the Light is in peril, and thus the world entire. I will live or die with honor for I know no other way. I await and will closely consider your counsel.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote