View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #260
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dola!

Onto the Batizado......My kids did aswesome, and it was one of the coolest events I have ever been to or seen. Extremely interesting, and has helped me make my decisions to start on Monday that much more set in stone.

The kids both received their cords, where my son was able to play Capoeira with one of the most popular Mestre's in the world, Acordeon. It was a memorable experience for me, and I hope he understands, that the old man who he played with, was one of the people critical to spreading Capoeira in the U.S., especially in the west.

My daughter did awesome, and people asked her how long she had been playing, and when she told them since March, they were shocked. She played with a Professor who had just moved up here from Brazil, and he is going to be teaching at our school.

Both kids have officially earned their Dark Green cords, both received them early, due to the abilities and talent shown at the Batizado.

This experience is extremely positive for all involved, and it's amazing for my kids to love something like I do football....

Anyways, enough of me glowing about this....I will be posting some pics and vids up soon....

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-03-2006 at 09:52 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote