View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Samurai Showdown - TBD

Alright, with EF's race being delayed I thought I would pop in with a concept I've been working on for a while. Only had the one game in a long while so hopefully we can get a good roster for this one.

Aiming for Oct 23rd start with 9pm/10pm Eastern daily/nightly deadlines.

Samurai Summit

At the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600, Tokugawa Ieyasu's forces emerged victorious and, after a few more years of consolidating power, kicked off the Edo Period (1603-1868) of Japan which was defined by the rule of the Tokugawa Shogunate - where the leader of the clan is granted the ancient, hereditary title of "Shogun" and thus commands the loyalty of all "daimyo" (clan lords).

This being the first time the clans of Japan had been unified under the rule of one clan, every thing went smoothly and people were happy. Nah. This is a story of honor, betrayal, and, of course, death set among the political and cultural intricacies of this period.

Will be based the true history of the Edo Period and flavored by the historical fantasy works of Takashi Matsuoka's "Cloud of Sparrows" books and Lian Hearn's "Tales of the Otori" trilogy (recommended reading, although not for this game...they're just good books).

Mostly vanilla WW but with some interesting mechanics and twists that, hopefully, make for a good challenge.

Japanese Edo Period Clan Territories Map:

Last edited by cheekimonk : 12-02-2017 at 04:20 AM.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote