View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #206
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
How about start by raising our children right? You know, in a 2 parent home.

Maybe teach them the difference between right and wrong?

Teach them there are consequences, both positive and negative.

I would love to see data on gun deaths caused by people that were taught these things compared to those that werent.

It all starts at home.

A) He was adopted into and raised in a 2 parent home up until his father dies of a heart attack "many years ago" and his mother died in November 2017 of pneumonia

B) Can it be argued that he was taught the difference between right and wrong and this is the result? What if what's right means doing what he did yesterday because he felt threatened and felt the need to defend himself from a threat? I am not defending his actions. I don't know if that is the case or not. It is a possibility, right?

C) I don't know what the lessons of consequences would do for Nikolas Cruz at the point he was at yesterday. I am curious about the positive and negative consequences of his victims, their families and the society at large.

I am interested in exploring some of the other elements of these senseless shootings outside of guns. Unfortunately, I think most of those will be consumed by the same constraints that consume the guns debate
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote