View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

They pick up the ball and put a couple safeties around it. The first elf who tries to dodge through our lines into our backfield is knocked down and that’s the end of their first turn. I have to reroll a double skull two die block when Ewan blitzes a catcher and opens up their right flank. We get tackles in the middle and drop a few elves. I base their downed catcher with Taurus and pass the turn.

That downed catcher behind our lines gets up and tries to dodge away but Taurus drops it. End of their turn in one move. Karl bases their ball carrier. Franz does as well. I move up Toro from a safety position to the line. I have to double die block to move someone out of the way to clear a blitz to the carrier but I roll a double skull. I have to use my reroll. Which means I don’t have it available for the ball carrier blitz or for pickup or the go for it needed. It’s risky, but it’s the only shot I have. Here goes Varg on the blitz. He makes the go for it, but rolls double skulls again. They stand up a bunch of players and the carrier dodges out. They dodge so much its no surprise when they fil and the turn goes to me. I miss a dodge and a reroll to put someone on the ball carrier rand they pass the turn.

They get the ball, run, pass and score. I have the ball, but I only have four turns to score without any rerolls. Difficult. The kick off gives both of us extra reroll with brilliant coaching. The ball is right on the line. I cage the ball. Our Mercenary Beast of Nurgle badly hurts their lineman. I make some more tackles on the line and then run Toro into the cage and pick up the ball. They stand up elves and move in. A blitz pushes a guy off a corner and bases the ball carrier, but another attempt to run in and join them results in a fallen elf.

Bob tries to tackle the guy and fails, juts pushing him back. Gaggle puts him on the ground. Now our ball carrier is untouched again. Instead of a cage I assemble a screen, and blitz Toro through the screen to hit a receiver on the other side. Toro just pushes him back, and does not follow. I was hoping for more. I kill an elf with a one die tackle by Karl.

The elves get a blitzer on the ball and that catcher too. A double block ends the turn and we’re going again. Quibex rings the bell of their blitzer and he’s off the pitch. I blitz in Taurus, knock down the catcher, and then move up to base a safety. They move in and badly hurt Taurus. He’s off. The elves put three guys on my ball carrier. We tackle the catcher but fail to bring him down. I blitz my ball carrier into the catcher and he goes sailing out of bounds. I follow the tackle and leave the based guys without needing a dodge roll. I run to the right and go for it twice (I still have a reroll in the bank). I move my Beast next to two of their guys, dodge away from a marker and have a nice built up cage with two extra people assisting.

They try to position their guys, and eventually miss a dodge. I have a clear path to the endzone. I just have to make one go for it roll. Here we go…

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote