View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #151
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
I'm counting 11 LB and 19 DL/LB players in the 2049 season. That's quite a lot. Sensing that depth and/or endurance forces your hand here to double up on each starter position to keep fresh players on the field? The end of season stats suggest that only 8 front7 guys were heavily used and 5 DB. Or is it a result of continuing to draft projects?

Yeah, no kidding. I shake my head every year when we get to final roster tweaking. Our LBs have seen some heavy workload at DE over the years, but we've gone overboard. We have really good scouting and I feel good about being able to identify good front 7 guys generally... so I think this is mostly a function of me seeing shiny objects and just dumping them on the roster. The two LBs we took last year may not have played, and they both still look good.

I wish it was a superstrat of some kind. It's just me not liking what I see at the other spots really. Sick of missing on shitty OL guys too. I was going to take a WR this year but really just felt like having our pick of whatever 42/42 guys are in FA2 was the better play.

Last edited by MalcPow : 04-25-2020 at 08:30 PM.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote