View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #14
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

The Back Room, part 2

Again, I'm still getting used to being in charge of a club that can send scouts all over the world. I let my Chief Scout handle scouting assignments for now, and if it seems to work well, I'll keep it that way.

At any rate, here are the members of our scouting/recruiting team.

Director of Football van de Kreeke is a true professional. Right now, I'm using him to suggest transfer/loan targets; he pointed us in Leigh Harris's direction. In time, I may let him pursue and negotiate with possible transfers, subject to my approval. His talent-spotting skills are outstanding. He has apparently managed AZ Alkmaar and Barcelona (!!) at some point in his illustrious career.

De Wit seems to have connections throughout Europe, as well as in the Caribbean. I'm not sure if his Temperamental personality will affect his job much, because he's both Adaptable and Determined. So far, he hasn't sent our scouts off to any inexplicably weird places, so it's all good.

We use our Data Analyst to study our next opponent, and van der Burg has provided us with some useful intelligence already. He's good at judging data and even better at presenting it.

De Bruine is Dutch-Surinamese, and he is also very familiar with the British Isles and Germany. A former Winterhoven player, Mitchel is a popular figure around the club. Jensen has a similar knowledge of the Scandinavian countries, and when he learns Dutch, he will be fluent in six languages. He's also an avid supporter of Aston Villa.

Most football fans would recognize the name of Albert Geraerts, a former star for Standard de Liège, Charleroi, Olympique Marseille, Bayern Munich, and Belgium, for whom he earned 85 caps. No doubt I crossed paths with him on the pitch, since he's only three years older than I am. Another classy, professional man, I'm glad to have him on our staff.

"We need a scout who knows something about Brazil," Beth pointed out. So we threw a big wad of cash at Fernandes, who knows the country and speaks their language. He's apparently spent his entire career looking for talent, as he appears to have no playing background of his own.

I hope Hoen doesn't find out he makes one-tenth as much money as Fernandes does. I really should give the lad a raise, because he's as good a talent spotter as the other scouts we have, save Fernandes and de Wit. He is Volatile, Media-Friendly, and Confrontational, so I don't think we'll let him appear as a club spokesman.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote