View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #804
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I'm really having a lot of fun with the game. If I had anything close to a reasonable amount of discretionary gaming time (between my job and my 6-month old, I have very little, and not very predictable) I'd be all over joining a MP league, but given my time restraints I have to pass.

One of the things I'm really enjoying is the experience of deciding whether or not to take job offers - it's really an interesting exercise in role-playing. One suggesting for Brian for any future versions - it'd be cool if the job offers came with expectations from the AD so you know ahead of time what you'd be getting yourself into.

For example, right now I'm at San Diego State with a prestige rating of 57 and a pretty good roster coming back. I have a job offer from Michigan with a prestige rating of 68 and about $100K higher budget and also a pretty good roster. Given that the Big Ten (in my game universe) has about 8 teams with higher prestige level, if I took that job what would be the expectations - finish with a .500 or better conference record? Make the NCAA tournament? Compete for the conference championship? It would be helpful in deciding whether to make that jump to a new job to know whether the expectations are ones I can realistically achieve in my first 3 seasons...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote