View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #440
Izulde
Head Coach

Barkeep49: Mostly RP. The exchange of my telling him to do the job himself occurred in-game and I somehow got to keep my job with 0 security. I'd never seen that before, so I thought maybe it was a glitch, because there was no "Do you want to stay on?" question so I did it again and this time quit because I got offered the chance to stay on, with no "Why should I keep you?" question. There were no NBA GM offers and that really depressed me because Mateen Yeaton could retire at any point, so I did it a third time and this time got the same "Why should I keep you?" with my same response and the 0 security and kept job got duplicated. To simulate what happened, I created that roleplayed scenario.

And thanks for the vote of confidence. I really hate this owner, but what can you do? That said, I'm proud of the team I've managed to cobble together under those hideous financial constraints and it's going to be interesting seeing how it plays out. I wish the draft classes didn't keep sucking during this run of lottery selections we've had, though.

Coffee Warlord: What can I say? I develop favorites for players and Gama happens to be one of them. I actually tried prying Andre Moore from the Bulls again without success and there were a few other high-quality, youngerish PGs I tried to get, but even when I was willing to part with Aaron Brennan to make the deal, none of the teams would budge.

It probably works out better this way, though. I get Gama back and I get to keep Brennan and create competition for him in Morant, who I think can be another Carlton Goree type if he can get his scoring instincts up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote