View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #337
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I had been looking forward to tonight's episode for a long while, as the Drogo/Viserys scene is one of my favorites in the entire series. I thought they pulled it off pretty well, and enjoyed the episode quite a bit.

I have to say though, I completely and totally didn't understand the scene between Theon and what's-her-name riding the turnip cart. It seemed almost forced and out of place. It did a pretty good job of displaying Theon's character a bit, but seemed completely outside the flow of the episode tonight. Although I know this is going to sound crazy coming from the guy who was bemoaning the lack of his character development earlier in the season, I think they may be going overboard on Theon now. He's gotten an awful lot of face time/character development in the last few episodes.

Dinklage (Tyrion) as usual was phenomenal. I didn't really like Littlefinger's running commentary during the scene with Ned on the throne. I guess it was necessary to point out that the Tully symbol is a fish, but it just seemed...too heavy-handed, I guess, to be coming from the normally subtle Petyr Baelish.

As for DT linking the Q&A about the physical relationship between Dany and Drogo, that's the conclusion that my friends and I had come to regarding the relationship, and it makes a ton of sense. That being said, I think they may have missed the mark in the other direction a little, because the transition from terrified girl to someone who wants to embrace the lifestyle happens rather quickly.

The Theon scene was a bit random. Typically, they have been throwing those additional little scenes in there to help convey information about the plot, world, characters, etc. I didn't feel like we got any additional about Theon from that scene. I guess it showed, to some degree, that the winds of war are already stirring. I think they've done a good enough job at establishing Theon.

I am interested to see what Osha is like. George RR said that the actress playing the part brought something so different or extra or what not to the role that he is actually planning on incorporating into the character in the novel.

I think they've done a decent enough job with Dany. I haven't found her transformation too forced. They haven't had a lot of time with her and they don't have a lot of time in general, so something will have to be forced.

I was too thrilled with Littlefinger's constant advice either, but I think it was done to help the non-book audience follow things a bit. It felt sort of like an "aside" you'd get while watching a play or something.

Great to see Beric Dondarrion show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
Re: Theon. Though I agree on this particular scene, I think the reason that they are giving him additional scenes lies more for laying the groundwork for next season.

Episode 6 was awesome, stupid Time Warner doesnt do HBO Go so Ep 7 wont be until next Sunday

That sucks. HBO Go is great. A fantastic website. I've been watching all of True Blood on it for the most part.

I didn't watch Episode 7. I will save it for next week. No reason to rush through things and this way I have something to look forward to next Sunday night!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote