View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #27
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Any predictions for tonight's finale?

It's obviously hard to see anyone other than Wendell or Domenick winning. The question is going to be whether both make the final, in which case we get a one-on-one jury showdown alongside a third player who'll get zero votes. Or do we see one or both get picked off before the final? That's how it should go down, and with Sebastien holding and extra vote they have a chance to make it happen. But it would be tough, given that both Wendell and Domenick still have idols (I think), and the fact that we're starting the final episode with six players left instead of five suggests the first tribal might be an anticlimactic one that couldn't carry a full episode on its own.

I would give the slight edge to Wendall over Domenick because it seems like he's played a slightly better social game (whereas Domenick seems to have played a slightly better strategic game) but I think it's a toss up. I'm hoping both make it at this point otherwise it will be a boring final tribal council.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
There have actually been some fairly epic final 6 tribals (Kimmi/Cambodia, Cirie/Game Changers?) that they've still shoved into the first half-hour of the finale. So that might not be a factor. We'll see.

I think Sebastian thinks Wendell and Dom are taking him to the end. Hence, I don't have my hopes up about the extra vote being any kind of factor. I think Laurel and Sebastian both think they're in Wendell/Dom's final plans. Only one of them is right. I think Donathan has figured out he is not. Oh yeah, Angela's still around too. Maybe neither of them are right.

Really Dom and Wendell should be aiming for each other at this point, but that is hard to do strategically now that F4 fire-making is a thing. That is the sort of two-some that you try and break up *specifically* at F4. If you do it before then, you're highly liable to BOTH be picked off before the finals and neither one of you wins. That plus the 10 million idols has had the effect of dulling the will of the players to make "big moves" that Probst loves so much. Unintended consequences.

I hope they get rid of the fire making challenge at final four (I also wouldn't mind them doing a final two some of the time too).

I agree with your point on idols.

In spoiler tags in case anyone intends to ever watch Australian Survivor 2017 (minor spoiler regarding idols):

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote