View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #49
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Just signed up for several Extension service classes that are scheduled January-April. (Schedule just went up today.) Yes, I'm taking the "Grow Your Best Vegetable Garden" for a second time. As I mentioned above, it was a fire hose of information, so I'm wanting to sit through it again.

Planning the 3-Season Vegetable Garden
Vegetable gardening is especially rewarding in the Piedmont because we can grow food at least 10 months of the year! The key is good planning and succession planting. January is the perfect time to start getting ready; let’s talk about the simple ways to get the most out of your personal planting space.

Totally Tomatoes - All About Our Favorite Fruit
It’s time to start planning, that’s the key to enjoying the taste of your own home-grown tomatoes. That’s all we’ll be talking about in this session – proven tips and techniques for successfully growing America’s most popular garden vegetable (or is it a fruit?). Get ready for tomato sandwiches all summer long!

Beautiful and Sustainable Lawns - A Greener Yard
Have a sustainable lawn by knowing and using good growing practices all year, it will save you time and money as well as reduce environmental impact. Establish a healthy stand of grass with good planning and sensible management - you’ll have a beautiful lawn and minimize issues with weeds and diseases.

Grow Your Best Vegetable Garden
Learning and following best practices leads to best results in your vegetable garden. Topics will include how to prepare soil, the selection and timing of vegetable varieties, good upkeep, and using integrated pest management techniques to control insects and diseases organically. Growing your own food can be economical, educational, and fun!

Backyard Habitat - Gardening for (and in spite of!) Wildlife
One of the many joys of gardening is the chance to observe and support nature. Birds, butterflies, and other creatures find needed habitat in our yards – this program is about how to make them welcome. We’ll also talk about some ways to discourage a few of the uninvited guests who may sometimes come to the party.