View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #84
Izulde
Head Coach

Still working on my personal statements for SJSU and Arkansas, though I now have the rankings determined prior to visiting any of the schools.

Pre-Visit Rankings
1. Arkansas
2. San Jose State
3. Oregon State

I'm going to try and visit San Jose State for Spring Break, because they want their teaching assistants there in May to receive training. Plus, it has the added benefit of being somewhere warm for the break.

Oregon State, I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go out and visit. Though, honestly, the only way I see myself going there is if they offer me a teaching assistantship and the other schools don't.

Arkansas I'll visit either during Spring Break or right after graduation in May.

So really, I think what the visits are going to decide is what the shift in rankings is between Arkansas and San Jose State, if there is in fact one.

I gave very strong consideration to Villanova after hearing from them and there being certain aspects of the college and program I really liked, but then I took a closer look at the faculty research interests and the courses offered... and quite frankly, it'd be a terrible match in terms of my own interest areas, so they were removed from contention.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote