View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #221
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Protecting the community would've hurt the PSU brand short term, but clearly would've helped it long term, because they wouldn't have been nearly as bad off in 1998 or 2002 as they are now. I'm puzzled that they couldn't see that for their own self-interest, beyond the obvious moral obligations.

And really, if they exposed a child molester and helped bring him to justice....I don't know how much that even really hurts the brand. They might have been applauded.

I think it goes deeper, I touched on it a few pages back just about how people get these mindsets that can't be overcome. It's kind of a mild mental illness, or at least a thinking error. About keeping things in the organization, and not trusting outsiders or the authorities. And in this case they had the justification, "well, the police found out about it in 1999, and they didn't care, so that's not an option for us - let's just keep this quiet and try to keep him out of here. But not too hard - we don't want to raise red flags.".

Last edited by molson : 11-08-2011 at 02:30 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote