View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I heal, and then do a party and type check.

These are my 6 current folks in my squad and what types they have a STAB attack bonus against:

1. Punch Monkey, Grass. Good vs rock, ground, water.
2. Parliament, Flying, good vs Grass, Fighting, Bug
3. Rockzilla, Rock/Fire, Rock is good vs Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire; Fire is good vs Grass, Steel, Ice, Bug
4. Barksalot – Elec – good vs Water, Flying
5. Drednaw – Water/Rock – Water is good vs Ground, Rock, Fire; Rock is good vs Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire
6. Fearcoon – Dark/Normal – Dark is good vs Psychic, Ghost; Norm is good vs nothing

That means that assuming no additional type swaps, I have all types covered save for these:
Normal
Dragon
Fairy
Poison
Electric
Dark

That means 6 of the 18 types are ones I don’t have STAB super effective attacks against.

Assuming that Barks gains no types on evolution, is the first too head out. He’s the weakest member of my party right now and struggles in battles and has no additions he is adding, I already have anti-flying and anti-water. Also note that Drednaw’s rock/water isn’t much either. I have ground and rock and fire hatred from Rockzilla, and PM. I have the Rock’s anti-stuff from, well, the rock of Rockzilla. Right now Fearcoon is giving me two types with Dark, but Norm ain’t great.

As of right now,we’ll keep Barks and Drednaw in the party as I am sure Barks has at least another evolution, although Drednaw appears to be finished with evolving as the next one up in the Pokedex is known to me.

As of right, now, the top three are my early leads to last, as I know the bird will likely have a final finish like most of these early birds tend to. What that will be, and when, I don’t know. I suspect that the rock/fire has a third level up like Geodude or Rokkinrolla and other similar early rocks that will take two levels and finish powerfully, and his Fire/Rock is great coverage for the team. Just the four types of my starter Parl, and Rock give me coverage for 11 types. That’s the sort of power that can go the distance.

In case you care as I am about to head back out to Route 5 and the wild zone:

Punch Monkey – Level 25
Barksalot, Parliament – 23
Hint, Rockzilla, Fearcoon - 22

Key types to look for to give me max coverage include:

Ground (the only anti-elect)
Ice or Fairy for anti-Dragon
Poison or Steel for anti-Fairy
Fighting for anti Normal
Ground, Psychic for anti-Poison
Fight, Bug, or Fairy vs Dark

So, as you can see, Ground would cover two, as would Fighting. I want to keep up looking for those. If Drednaw were water/ground instead? Assuming if it didn’t suck statistically then that would have a more powerful cachet. A Fighting/Steel or Ice/Ground or something could get me a lot of coverages in one go.

Anyways, there you go!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-07-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote