View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #237
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Yeah, but in the East you have a chance. Put last year's Wolves in the East and they are the #3 seed (even with Butler's injury). Dragic, Butler, Whiteside and a few of their young forwards are a nice starting point for an East team - and that's not even factoring in Riley next offseason. People need to understand just how tilted the league is to the West right now. The Nuggets or Jazz would be a 2 or 3 seed in the East and they will be fighting for a playoff spot in the West. It's a different world with all the talent out west. If you look at the top 15 players, 12 are in the West (Lebron, Durant, Davis, Harden, Steph, Russ, Paul, Lillard, Jokic, George, Green, and your choice of KAT/Klay). Only Giannis, Embiid and maybe Kawhi (if he's healthy) would crack that list. Butler immediately becomes top 5 in East if he goes there. He wouldn't even be top 10 in the West.

If the trade request is coming from a place of getting out of the West and getting to the East for a better shot at getting to the Finals, then I retract all of my previous posts. But that does not explain his initial list and the current desire to include the Clippers as a preferred destination.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote