View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #48
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

AJC reporter tells story of carjacking
Staff writer Don O'Briant, who was carjacked Friday morning, told this story while he was in the emergency room at Atlanta Medical Center getting stiches above his left eye, about 90 minutes after the carjacking happened.

Don O'Briant

I had just parked my car in the parking lot behind the Chinese restarurant at the corner of Spring Street and Marietta Street and was going to work, a little after 9 a.m.

This person pulled in beside me, and I noticed that he had pulled into a handicapped spot. He was a young, athletic looking black man, and he didn't have a shirt on, but I figured he was probably in town for the basketball tournament.

First he asked how to get to Lenox Square.

Then he pulled a gun and said "Give me your keys or I'll kill you!"

I gave him the keys, and then he said "Get in the trunk."

I said no. I thought maybe I was going to be killed, but I wasn't going to get in the trunk.

I turned to run, and that's when he hit me in the head with his gun. I fell down, and I got up and ran into a garbage bin. I got up again and ran.

I scrambled into the street, waiting for the shots to come, but they didn't come.

He must have been out of bullets, because he didn't shoot me.

I couldn't see, because blood was coming out all over my eye. I went to the Chinese restaurant and banged on the door, but there was no one there, so I started out into Marietta Street, and that's when I ran into co-worker Drew Jubera.