View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 10:02 PM   #4
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Recruiting begins!

June 26, 2021

I've always enjoyed recruiting players in DDS:CB. There are a number of changes to the recruiting process in this year's edition, and I'm slowly getting used to them.

Much of the story of Coach Sims's 2021-22 season will focus on recruiting, since the players who will take the court this season were inherited from his successor. This will be Coach Sims's first chance to put his stamp on the Lehigh program.

The Mountain Hawks have three available scholarships to give out during this recruiting cycle. The first thing I did was create a simple chart, showing the players already in the program, listed by class and position. Their star ratings are provided, too.

Here's how the roster looks right now:

Players listed in italics are walk-ons.

It's easy to see that the biggest need this year will be a small forward, preferably one who is ready to start from Day One. Clyde Camby is a junior, and while he has some upside, he's far from a finished product. He might never be better than a rotation player. Kurt Grant, on the other hand, might never amount to much.

The next priority will be a big man. Alex Richardson's potential should allow us a bit more flexibility, as Alex projects to be a starter for us before he's done.

We also have a spot open for a guard. Jeremy Wallace will probably start at the two guard this season, and he can stay there next year if Jeremy Haynes is ready to run the offense. We can look at guards with a variety of qualities this year.

And, because the transfer portal has been added to this edition of the game, we could possibly save a scholarship for a veteran newcomer.

Coach Sims wants to create a team that is very, very hard to score against. I'll be looking for players with the ability and desire to defend tenaciously. We'll see how that goes as the recruiting season gets underway.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote