View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 07:05 PM   #165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
As a fan, it is devastating. I watched Freddie grow up in the Braves uniform. Chipper past that clubhouse to him, and he became more than the face of the franchise. He was the heart and soul of that team. BUT, business is business. The Braves could not pay him 35 million a year for 6 years. There is no way that he will be with that 4 years into that contract. Matt Olson has better numbers than Freddie and is much more affordable for the next two years. Still, Anthopoulos said he had a contract offer open to Freddie and the trade worked out in-case. He just couldn't wait any longer for Freddie to decide. If he lost both, the team really would have nothing. He made the right decision. It is going to kill me to see number 5 in Dodger blue, though.
The other sad thing is I really liked Pache, and people fall over backward praising Langeleirs. I hate I am not going to see him behind the plate for the Braves.

I love Freeman but this is about as good an outcome as you could hope for. Olson is an amazing player. I watch a ton of west coast baseball. You are going to love the guy. When Acuna comes back that lineup is going to be downright scary.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote