View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 08:12 AM   #651
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Thoughts on game three:

- Good win for Toronto, but nothing to get excited over. Down 2-0 at home is the easiest game to win in any series. We didn't see the real Flyers tonight.

- Still, one good sign for the Leafs: they've been better every game of the series, and Philly has been worse

- I admit, before the game I hated the idea of putting Belak in there. I'm still not sold. Yes, he played probably the greatest game of his career. Let's see if he can keep it up without crossing the line and costing the team, especially when they go into Philly.

- I was also wondering how Belak, Antropov and Ponikoravsky were expected to produce any offense when none of them have hands. I guess we found out the answer: I've never seen a Leaf line try so hard to get the puck back to the point at every opportunity. Not even an attempt to do anything themselves. Good strategy.

- Marchement, you like the big hit in the neutral zone, we get it! How about hanging back and playing a little defence every now and then.

- Mogilny is a Lady Byng candidate and one of the cleanest players in the league, so he's not out there trying to hurt guys. Still, how is that not a penalty? Terrible non-call in an otherwise well-reffed game.

- I love Danny Markov. He could play for my team any time. He's just plain crazy. A perfect playoff hockey player.