View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #254
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I really don't think it's that big of a haul. I mean, I know on paper that three picks including a second rounder seems like a lot for a player that we have all deemed a bust.

Between the three picks, if I'm not mistaken, there's really around a 35% chance that the player turns into a starter.

There are enough QB's where it took a few years for them to get settled in. I mean, if this was a year ago and the trade was for Josh Allen, everyone would have been saying it was an overpay. If there is a chance that Darnold goes on to be an Alex Smith or Ryan Tannehill, then I think the trade is worth it.

Darnold is also still only 23 years old, just a year older than guys like Mac Jones, Kyle Trask, etc. Is what we have seen of Mac Jones in his 15(?) or so college starts really worth a potential 3rd overall pick but Darnold's not even worth a future 2nd and 3rd?

Yeah, I mean my head tells me Darnold is never going to stop with the bad turnovers and you just can't be an NFL quarterback if you can't do that, but my heart wants to believe.

In addition to all those points, he's never had a coaching staff that wasn't a complete trainwreck. He went from Clay Helton and "fuck it throw it somewhere downfield to all the superior WR talent" to Adam Gase "fuck it throw it somewhere to some of the worst offensive supporting cast ever seen on an NFL field in less than 2 seconds or you are toast"

If he's 2-14 with multiple game losing turnovers and a TD/INT ratio less than 2:1 after this year, yeah I guess it's not the coaching but I sure want to see what that looks like first.

Last edited by bhlloy : 04-05-2021 at 09:25 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote