View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:36 AM   #41
Flasch186
Coordinator

So great question

Here there isn't a tremendous travel/showcase system... YET. Plus my son isn't good enough to make that sort of team and not risk epic failures and meltdowns. Baseball, from what I've learned and been told is about incremental building blocks of confidence which has worked for Aiden thus far. It just seems timing wise that he may be more geared towards landing at a HS (I Hope) and going on from there. I'm just not sure that without some epic explosion in evolutionary skills he'll be showcase or Travel ball material. It could happen, I guess. I'm not counting on it.

I think HS baseball (and team sports generally) make HS a much better experience academically, socially, etc and that's what I want for him as long as baseball is his sport of choice. A lot of Baseball players get to HS and switch to Football which perhaps explains some of the slower evolution to showcase ball here. I'm not sure why but perhaps that's a part of it.

I think you're emphasis there is probably happening in S Fl, and C Fl, even W FL but it seems to just not have gotten here yet. There also seems to be a new travel team created every year somehwree up here ubt after a few seasons they meltdown, mutiny, split up and that can't help.

Hopefully Aiden gets good enough (it's been leaps and bounds since his initial eval debacle that started his placement on the B Team practice squad) to have choices of teams but right now we're just lucky to have coaches that believe in him and see potential and are willing to put him out there and in positions to succeed and fail forward.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote