View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #260
Radii
Head Coach

During our last match new loaner Abdulai Bell-Baggie is hurt and will miss 2-3 weeks.

The MK Dons in league one make a $30,000 offer for Kevin Lynch. He's valued at $28k. I don't even counter, I just flat out reject. Maybe I should have countered for like $1m or something stupid?

-- We've sold 826 season tickets so far. The board expects another 300 sales.

-- Our backup AML last year, Steve Clapham has gone on loan to Hereford, a fellow League 2 side. We'll get to face him this season.

Friendly #3

On July 26th we host League 1 side Bradford. We get an early goal here as Collins places a cross in from the left side, their clearance is very very poor, nearly a whiff, and Subotic gets to the ball first and strikes it home. They tie it back up moments later as Smith misses an interception leading to a clear cut strike and easy goal.

We hold our subs until a little ways into the second half today, a little more of a workout for the starters. Collins hits Subotic with a cross for a nice headed goal around the 50 minute mark but Subotic is called offsides and it doesn't count.

Woking 1 : 1 Bradford

Friendly #4

On short rest (July 29th, 3 days later) we host Hibernian, a Scottish Premier League side. I make a couple lineup changes, Ogogo back into the starting lineup as he's fully healed, and Harsanyi in at striker. Harsanyi earns a penalty 5 minutes in after a great dribble beating a man to get into the penalty area before being tackled hard. williams hits the PK. They even it up on a rather incredible 30 yard strike from way out right that surprises and beats Lynch. We score a second goal late in the first half, a long ball placed beautifully from ogogo to a breaking Kenny allows him to run in the penalty arae where he's tackled and we get our second PK of the day.

Early in the second half we generate a beautiful goal, Kenny coming in center, passing left to Collins, back to Upson, who finds Kenny in a perfect spot to take a strong strike. they get one back again on a breakaway in the 70th minute. We bring our subs in after that goal.

Woking 3 : 2 Hibernian

August Update

The board is pleased with my leadership. The club's growth in stature is cited as the biggest reason. No negatives are listed right now. We made $165,000 last month, primarily due to season ticket sales.

Currently we're spending $28,500/wk on salaries. Our budget allows for about $32,000 so we're in solid shape.

Final Friendly

August 2nd we host championship side Fulham in our last friendly. We start what I expect will be my opening day lineup:

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
DM: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/Kenny
ST: Subotic

We put together a number of nice attacking moves in the first half. I don't know if its the formation or if these guys we have at AML/AMR right now gel better, but Collins/Upson/O'Sullivan/Kenny seem capable of generating some very strong plays in the offensive end. Kenny and Collins both have clear cut looks after give n go's that they put just wide. Collins hits O'Sullivan with a beautiful through ball around the 30 minute mark and O'Sulivan scores the only goal of the first half. We give up a tying goal in the 75th minute as we're beaten by a long ball leading to an easy shot. Most of the match we really seemed to be the better team today.

Woking 1 : 1 Fulham

Last year Nick Fenton was captain, Kevin Lynch #2, effectively making Lynch my captain. Fenton is really on the way out here and isn't on the field enough for this to matter. I make Lynch my captain and Ed Upson vice-captain.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote