View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 02:24 AM   #271
Radii
Head Coach

For the first time in league 2 we sit in first place!

-- O'Sullivan/Subotic are named in the league team of the week this week.

September Notes

We open the month in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, in addition to 6 league games, its always busy at this time of year.

-- Crewe Striker Calvin Zola is player of the month. He had 4 goals and 3 assists. Subotic is 2nd in the voting.

-- Our 4-1 start earns me manager of the month!

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Loaning in Charlie Kenny is seen as a strong point, while our 4-1 crushing loss ot Wrexham is a disappointment. We lost $69k last month.

September 2nd, 2014

Johnstone's Paint Trophy South First Round

Swindon @ Woking

Swindon are obviously heavy favorites here, 4:6. It could be worse from a higher level league. Swindon are currently in the middle of league 1, 16th. Their manager talked up a fear of Subotic before the match.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Thomas/Williams/Alcock
DMC: Smith
MC: Upson/Pulis
AM: Harsanyi/Downes
ST: Subotic

Lots of changes today on short rest. Thomas in at DC, Alcock DR, Smith DM, Pulis i nfor O'Sullivan and Downes in for Kenny. We play again on the 6th. Practically everyone that isn't rested today will be sitting in our next game on the 6th.

We open with a standard mindset today, not quite ready to attack but I'm not pulling back in to defend either.

10': Just 1 shot each so far but they have a 63/37 possession edge and we've had a lot of highlights in our defensive end.

35': Possession quickly evens out. Only 5 total shots, they have a clear cut chance but i guess i didn't see it as such, whatever it was either wasn't shown or i didn't think it was worth writing up.

43': A quick coutner attack by Swindon, a pass down the right side, our defense is not back good enough and a DC has to slide over to cover, there's a centering pass and a clear cut strike from the penalty spot... Lynch makes the save!!! Not a great shot, could have eaisly been buried.

HALF: Scoreless at the half and after that last play i'm very pleased with that. Thomas is having a rather down day so far, so is Pulis. Swindon has 5 shots, 2 on target, 2 clear cut strikes. We have 2 shots, 1 on target. Possession has evened out to 50/50, they are making every tackle, 82% success rate. We're in this one for sure, but we need to generate some more chances.

58': Subotic picks up a yellow for a tackle. Neither team has taken a shot this half so far.

63': Downes with a corner, Smith a header just over, our first shot of the half.

66': They earn a corner, its taken and we clear it but they push it right back in. Striker Greer receives it aboutg 20 yards out, turns, fires, and its by Lynch, he's a bit stunned I think, that was very very quick. 0-1

69': We are going to attack now. Pulis goes down hurt, and this looks pretty bad for him. They earn a corner kick, its taken short, Smith goes up to head it... and just outright whiffs. Their man gets his head to it and Lynch just isn't there, like not even close to the play. I guess it looked like it might go deeper into the area and Lynch positioned himself just wrong. 0-2

77': Arter in for Smith, N'Diaye in for Pulis, Bell-Baggie in for Subotic.

No more highlights on either side.

Woking 0 : 2 Swindon

The two goals we gave up were just quick and we couldn't do anything it seems. But our lack of offense was disturbing. We shot once in the second half, that's it. 3 shots/1 on target for the entire match. Pulis with a 5.9, Subotic a 5.8. Most other people in the low 6s.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote